• illustrator CS3 or 4 is preferred , no photoshop, quark or indesign files please
•.jpg's need to be high resolution [at least 300 dpi] - any pixelation will show on the final piece- they should also have clean lines
• vector images are best
• final artwork needs to be in black and white- no gray or color.
• final color separation must be shown in a separate .pdf file. Pantone colors need to be specified
• please link your images, that way if any changes are made to them, they will update within the illustrator files they are used in.
alternately you may embed your images, but if changes are made to them you will have to re-send ALL your files.
• please flatten layers if providing us with a photoshop file/image.
• outline ALL fonts- or send font files please.
• group text blocks together
• provide a final printed proof of your project. show the layout as well as the paper outline to show margins
• if you are providing the paper, please give us 20% OVER per color/size
• count before you give us your paper - we are NOT responsible if your paper is short or damaged
• please check the size and condition of your paper if you have had it cut down
• there are no guarantees for printing on paper we've never printed on before
• .25" border margin on all sides to avoid additional bindery fees.
• .5 line/stroke minimum
• no text smaller than 8 pt. (when measured on a point size ruler- type sizes vary with each font.)
• check your kerning- letterpress presses into the paper, visually reducing the spacing between letters
• check envelopes for construction before spec'ing return address/r.s.v.p address because the print can't sit on over-lapping folds)
• check your PMS colors on uncoated stock
if you have any questions, please just contact us!